Well, this is nice. There are more awards going on here at The Adventures of Danda and Yaya. Which is always good. Let it be noted that I never turn my nose up at an award. Are you all listening? This award is given courtesy of Jane’s Journal, a fairly new blog on the scene. Definitely take the time to check it out. And the award is one I’ve not been given before so it’s very exciting. It’s the Shine On award.
And the rules are as follows:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
Ok, seven things about myself. Here goes:
1. This evening I watched World War Z and I liked it a lot. I was very nervous for a lot of it. But good nervous. You know?
2. I came THIRD in the pub quiz the other night. Third. Shoddy.
3. I’m at the point in my blogging career where I blog about my attendance at the weekly pub quiz. Shoddy.
4. Sometimes, when I do blogs with loads of photos in, it means I’m having a lazy day. So now you all know.
5. Tonight I forgot about dinner so I ate a massive cookie and a little pit of jelly. Both were homemade. Does that make it any better? The jelly I made completely from scratch, stewed down some cherries and blueberries and everything.
6. In the pub, during the pub quiz, there was the best bulldog I’ve ever seen. He was immense.
7. My surname spelt backwards says Yes I Am. I know I’ve mentioned that before but you can never say it too many times.
And now my nominations. I mat not get to 15. Let’s see how it goes:
1. Misc. Maggie – because she’s wonderful and talked me through a rough time recently. Thank you xx
2. The Waiting – just get over there and check her out, she rocks my world.
3. Biancalovefoodlovefashion – what’s not to love here? Fashion advice for the unfashionable (me) and foodie pics.
4. Champagne and Dhokla – this blogger is brand new on the scene and has but one (fabulous) post to her name so far. Let’s show her a bit of blogging love and pay her a visit.
5. Alex Jones – lovely, honest, inspiring blogging with a bit of running up hills at the crack of dawn to share the sunrise with us.
6. KindredSpirit23 – a man who has come a long way from a difficult time a few years ago and has a few published stories to his name.
7. Miss Apis Mellifera – come on, everyone, you knew this was coming. The beekeeper in me had to nominate this blog.
8. Ordinary Lisa – good honest blogging and summer of fun that I am looking forward to reading.
9. Tokyobling – fabulous photos of Japanese life and lots of learning to be done.
10. (un)certainties – these two lovely Colombia-based people will be far too busy to pass on this award but their travels and experiments are great to read so head over and check them out.
11. Under The Skies of Arkansas – beautiful pictures of a beautiful countryside
12. Outside Air – recent trip to Italy won it for me, even before the vegetable patch in her new house and the honesty of remembering that no-one’s life is perfect, even if it seems it in the blogging world.
13. The Usual Bliss – her patio, her patio is what has gained her this nomination. Her patio is a patio to be envied. I have patio envy.
14. The Better Man Projects – lovely quotes that pick me up when I feel bored with things/defeated.
15. Campari and Sofa - well, they hosted me on their fantastic blog earlier this week. So obviously they’re in my list…..!
Ok all, go out into the world. Be fruitful and read many of the blogs mentioned. Let’s have a bit of a blog love-in.